MATERIALS AND JEWELRY CARE
925 STERLING SILVER
The purest form of silver used in jewellery making, consisting of 92.5% silver and 7.5% alternative metals for strength. Sif Jakobs offers silver jewellery plated with rhodium for a polished
18 CARAT GOLD
At Sif Jakobs Jewellery, we create beautiful demi-fine jewellery made from high-quality 925 sterling silver, gold plated with 18k yellow gold.
Sif Jakobs Jewellery uses top-quality AAA cubic zirconia. Our crystals are durable and maintain their brilliance. We also use treated zirconia in elegant black and tinted stones in beautiful colours for a touch of playfulness.
Freshwater pearls are beautiful semi-precious gems, created organically by freshwater mussels or clams. Sif Jakobs Jewellery usesnaturally coloured freshwater pearls in their collections.
JEWELLERY CARE TIPS
The jewellery care mantra to be followed daily is to “let your
jewellery be the last thing you put on and the first thing you take off”.
Here are a few tips on jewellery material care to help you take care of your prized possessions.
- Demi-fine plated jewellery can be damaged by chemicals in hairspray, perfumes, hand sanitisers, and lotions. Always make sure to apply these first and allow them to dry before
putting on your jewellery, as the alcohol, moisture, and chemicals in these can
lead to colour loss.
- And remember to remove your jewellery before gardening, strenuous workouts and all water-related activities like bathing and water sports as most metals and natural pearls react with chlorine, moisture, and perspiration.
- At the end of the day, wipe your jewellery clean with a soft cloth. Regular wipe-down using a jewellery polishing cloth prevents dirt build-up, removes light tarnish, and inhibits re-tarnishing, prolonging the original shine and sparkle of your jewellery.
- If you want to clean your rhodium- or gold-plated jewellery and remove accumulated dirt, follow these steps: first, soak the jewellery in lukewarm clean water mixed with a small amount of PH-neutral soap. Make sure to rinse it thoroughly to eliminate any mineral residue, and then gently wipe it dry using a soft cloth. For an even more convenient solution, you can consider trying our top-of-the-line jewellery
- To prevent scratches it’s also important to store jewellery separately and safely, preferably in its original box or in a jewellery box with separate compartments when not in use. Jewellery organisers also make finding your favoured pieces easy.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
CAN I SHOWER WITH MY JEWELRY?
No, we recommend that you take off your jewelry before bathing, showering, taking a bath, going to the sauna, or using a sunbed. Steam, moisture, fragrances, and chemicals in soap and shampoo can cause materials to tarnish and become dull
CAN I WEAR MY JEWELRY WHILE WORKING OUT?
We recommend that you remove your jewelry before exercising. Sweat and alcohol in deodorants and disinfectants can react with metals, pearls, or stones, causing color loss and dullness. Chlorine and salt can also damage metals, so you should not wear your jewelry while swimming. There is also a risk of damaging the jewelry if worn during physical activity.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I CLEAN MY JEWELRY?
You should clean the jewelry you wear every day approximately once a week and other jewelry in your jewelry box about once a month.
HOW CAN I REPAIR THE CLASPS ON MY EARRINGS?
Earrings can be difficult to close if the clasp becomes bent during use. This can be easily remedied by gently pressing on the clasp, either upward or downward, to make it click back into place.